10.13.2011

Can't Do It All

Today, I went right to FHE at an assisted living facility (ALF) after leaving a work meeting. I got home at 8:30, when I ate and talked with my parents. Here's the deal, I have so many good things that need to happen, I feel a little frazzled right now.

I'm trying to exercise for improved health. Didn't happen today.
I brought work home with me that NEEDS to get done. Didn't happen today.
I needed to catch up with a friend. That did happen today and I'm glad.
I need to send an email for my calling. That is in the process of happening, but not until I've cleared my brain a little.
My ward is reading the Book of Mormon together. I'm already behind.

How do people fit all this stuff in? It is critical for me to sleep enough. I can't give that up without getting really sick. I have to work full-time and I have to give 100% to my patients while I'm there, even though that often means my days don't turn out as planned.

So, seriously, what do people do?

1 comment:

  1. Silly Jill Jill. Unfortunately, you don't fit it all in. You pick and choose or compromise. Maybe you put some BofM on an ipod and listen while you exercise. Maybe you don't keep up with the ward's reading timetable. It's ok. If something can't be compromised (like work?) you scoot other things temporarily out of the way.

    Take a deep breath. It will be ok.

    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete