5.26.2010

A Paucity of Books

Okay, so, tonight I was visiting with a very special teenage girl at Primary Children's. The nurse took me to look for something to give my young friend's brain some exercise. Well, in the cupboard I found Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chamber of Secrets, Twilight, and New Moon on tape. There were no other young adult books. At all.

So, why am I sharing this? Because we (you, me, everyone) can donate books to this hospital. They have lots of children's books, but there are always teenagers there, too, and, let's just be honest, Pat the Bunny just isn't gonna cut it.

Please look through your books and audiobooks and see if there are any new or gently used books you can part with for these great kids. I'd be happy to pick them up from you if you aren't able to deliver them yourself. In my opinion, these kids generally need pleasant, light-hearted things to read. They, and their families, are getting a pretty strong dose of reality or they wouldn't be there. Go here for more information.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment