I love the rain. I love how everything looks when it's wet. I love watching it fall. I love how the diffused light makes the the day feel peaceful. I love watching the clouds change. I love the smell of rain, which brings me to the point.
The rain here does not smell like rain at home. I'm not surprised by this because I recognize that I'm about 300 miles from a giant salt water lake full of dead things. But the rain here also doesn't smell like the rain in other places I've been. I think this might be because most of my vacations involve going to the west coast and the rain in not-so-sunny Southern California and Seattle smells like the sea. The rain here smells like snow. Since that, too, is a smell I love, I'm pretty pleased.
The only downside of the rain? Since there are next to no streetlights, the lines on the road are really hard to see when wet. Step into the 20th century, people, and please light the streets. Just saying.
ahhh, i love rain. i miss seattle every day.
ReplyDelete