A little over three weeks ago, in preparation for my move, I bought a washing machine. I wasn't going to buy a washer or dryer until I had a few paychecks under my belt, but then I was generously given a dryer. I wasn't going to hand-wash my clothes and then machine dry them, so I bought a washer. When we got to Idaho and my dad and substitute-brother-in-law took the washer out of the box, they discovered it was leaking oil. Great.
So, my dad called Maytag and we set up an appointment. Of course, it was on a day I had to be at work and the appointment was for between noon and 5:00. Katie kindly brought her boys over and they sat her and sat until the guy came at 4:45. Washer fixed. Good. Washer still in garage. Bad.
The next day I came home from work and the washer was in my house. Hooray! Katie and Jarom came back and Jarom moved it in for me. Thanks!!
That Saturday I worked up my pioneer, do-it-myself spirit, carefully read the directions for installing my washer, and pulled out my tools. I followed those directions meticulously. Drain hose in: check. Hot water hose on output valve: check, no leaks. Cold water hose on output valve: check, no leaks. Hot water hose on input valve: check, WATER EVERYWHERE. For the next 2 hours, I tried and retried, called my dad for ideas and tried some more. No luck. So, I called Maytag again. We scheduled for the following Saturday (yesterday). I took my wet towels and my dirty clothes and whisked them away to use appliances and internet at Katie and Jarom's. Because, after spending hundreds of dollars on a washer, of course I want to use someone else's.
Well, the week passed and I set my alarm to get up early on Saturday so I could be dressed for the Maytag man by 8:00. He came at noon. Helpful. He looked and told me my valve was stripped. (This happens to be what I told the customer service agent over the phone. Huh.) Fortunately, the Maytag man had the piece on his truck. Apparently, had he not, I would have had the pleasure of waiting until Sept. 29. Washer fixed. Again.
I can wash my clothes at my own house again!! And the peasants rejoiced.
Let's just say after your experience with Maytag repairs I will always expect them to show up at the last minute. This, of course, means if I ever do call a Maytag repairman they will show up early and I won't be here and they'll reschedule me for a date about a month later.
ReplyDeleteI'm just glad it's finally working for you, it's far easier to have your own!
ahhhh, the joys of maytag. about a month ago we got a letter telling us our maytag fridge was under recall because they were starting kitchen fires. lovely. well, i called the supremley annoying automated hotline and finally got an apointment time set up...sept 7th between 8 am and 5 pm. so i stayed home all day...and no one showed up. so i had to call again. got a real person this time, more annoying than the automated lady!! anyway, finally i got an appointment for between 8 and 12. and the guy showed up at 7:45 a.m. LOVELY. LOVE maytag guys!
ReplyDelete